A fire at 410 Old Courthouse Road in our Zone E has displaced four residents, according the the Vienna Fire Department. An investigation determined that a space heater ignited nearby items, and resulted in about $125,000 in damages.
“A Vienna police officer was patrolling the area and noticed smoke pouring out of a basement window and notified Vienna [Police Department] dispatch,” the fire department said.
Firefighters responded around 2 p.m. on Sunday, July 28, and “quickly extinguished” the fire in the basement in a two-story, single-family home.
Nobody was injured in the event.